News & Information
The free July 2015 Edition of the NEBLINE Newsletter is now on-line

This month's feature article: "Reduce Bullying and Cyberbullying Through Social and Emotional Learning". Find this story and more here.

Upcoming Events
Live Web Cams!

Pollinator Habitat Live Cam: Tune in to view the habitat change through the seasons. Watch the livestream view day/night here.

Is My Child Ready to Stay Home Alone?

Unfortunately, there’s no magical age when our kids develop the maturity and good sense needed to stay alone. However, there are some signs that can help you decide if your child is ready or not. Learn more

Dress for Ticks & Wear an Insect Repellent

If you are heading out into potentially tick-infested areas, make sure you prepare! There’s no need to worry about making a fashion statement when tick bite prevention is important. Learn more

5 Things to Consider To Avoid Herbicide Drift

Herbicides can cause serious injury to plants when applied improperly or when non-target drift occurs. Here are five things to consider when applying herbicides to your acreage. Learn more

Are Poultry Products still Safe to Consume?

Yes! Avian flu CANNOT be transmitted through safely handled and properly cooked poultry meat and/or egg products. Table eggs sold in retail markets are sanitized prior to human consumption. If you are raising/buying eggs that are locally sourced, ensure from the supplier they are being properly sanitized. Learn more

Reduce Lighting costs by Choosing the Right Bulbs

Only about 10 percent of the energy used by a regular incandescent light bulb goes toward producing light. The other 90 percent of the power is wasted as heat. Since lighting typically consumes about 25 percent of home’s baseload electricity use, it represents a big area for potential savings. Learn more


Congratulations!
Nebraska Extension has spent 100 years elevating youth, families, farms and communities in Nebraska. It's something to be proud of and we are!
Nebraska Extension Impact Summary Reports.

Responsive. Innovative. Trusted.