UNL Extension helps you Know how. Know now.
To preserve formatting, some publications are presented in Adobe Acrobat's PDF electronic format. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader HERE
Click to jump to topic areas
- UNL Publications & Resources
- What Can Be Done About Irrigation Energy Bills?
- Cost of Owning and Operating an Irrigation System
- Irrigation Publications from CSU, OSU, & MU
Current listing of Growing Degree Day Accumulation & ET Values by District - Courtesy Crop Watch Newsletter - UNL
- Index of Irrigation Operations & Management Publications
- Plant Growth and Yield as Affected by Wet Soil Conditions Due to Flooding or Over-Irrigation
- Irrigation Management and Crop Characteristics of Alfalfa
- Irrigation Management for Corn
- 10 Easy Ways to Boost Profit $20/Acre
- Minimum Center Pivot Design Capacities in Nebraska
- Drip Irrigation Design and Management Considerations for Windbreaks
- Crop Water Use in Western Nebraska
- Irrigation Scheduling: Checkbook Method
- Using Modified Atmometers for Irrigation Management
- Watermark Granular Matrix Sensor.. for Irrigation Management
- Using Ultrasonic Flow Meters in Irrigation Applications
- Managing Furrow Irrigation Systems
- Management Recommendations for Blocked-end Furrow Irrigation
- Firming Irrigation Furrows to Improve Irrigation Performance
- Operating Characteristics of Center Pivot Sprinklers
- Water Loss from Above-Canopy and In-Canopy Sprinklers
- Application Uniformity of In-Canopy Sprinklers
- Converting Center Pivot Sprinkler Packages:System Considerations
- Flow Control Devices for Center Pivot Irrigation Systems
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Subsurface Drip Irrigation
- Nebraska Surge Irrigation Trials
- Surge Irrigation Management
- Surge Irrigation Field Layouts
- Fundamentals of Surge Irrigation
- Predicting the Last Irrigation of the Season
- Using Polyacrylamide to Reduce Soil Erosion
Irrigation Management Home Study Course
Click here for information about the Irrigation Management Home Study Course from UNL. Added Bonus!! Each of the 13 chapters of the Irrigation Management Home Study Course has been approved for 1 CCA/CEU credit in irrigation management in Nebraska, Colorado, South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho.
Wells and Pumping Plants
Electronic - Registered Groundwater Wells Data Retrieval System - Nebr. Dept. of Natural Resources
- Pumping Plant Efficiency - How Much Extra Are You Paying? 2004 CPISC Proceedings
- Test and adjust irrigation pump impellers to improve efficiency 5/19/2006 Crop Watch Newsletter
- Use Your Records to Locate Inefficient Pumping Plants 2007 CPISC Proceedings
The Long_Term_Pump.xls MicroSoft Excel worksheet file below accompanies the 2007 CPISC paper. Most popular browsers are able to open the file on-line, if desired by simply clicking on the link and selecting "Open" . To download the Excel worksheet to your computer click on the link below and select "Save" to save the file to the folder of your choice on your computer. To use the file, start Excel, browse to the file and open it normally.
- Click here to Use Long_Term Pump to Calculate long-term irrigation pumping plant performance from your records updated 3/5/2013
The following revised and expanded Irrigcost.xls MicroSoft Excel worksheet file accompanies the Irrigation Short Course paper above. Most popular browsers are able to open the file on-line, if desired by simply clicking on the link and selecting "Open" . To download the Excel worksheet to your computer click on the link below and select "Save" to save the file to the folder of your choice on your computer. To use the file, start Excel, browse to the file and open it normally.
- Click here to open the IRRICOST Excel Notebook Eight scenarios comparing 4 energy sources for center pivot and 4 energy sources for gated pipe systems (Updated 4/09/2013)
- Index of Colorado State On-line Irrigation Publication
- Index of Univ of Missouri On-line Soil and Water Publications
- Central Plains Irrigation Association Home Page
NOTE: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is in the process of switching all resources to Web-only publications. Many titles are currently under review or revision and will be reposted as soon as available.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln implies no endorsement of any company listed nor non-endorsement of a company not listed.
Production Ag - Crops
- Grain Sorghum
- Small Grains
- Specialty Crops
- Storm & Fire Damage
- Grain Storage
- Soil Testing & Fertility
- Crop Diseases
- Weeds,Toxic Plants,Wildflowers
- Precision Agriculture
- Center for Applied Rural Innovation UNL
- Domestic Water & Wastewater
Find more of UNL Extension in Lancaster County on:
...friend us! join us! check out all our social media sites here.